Cape May, NJ - Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Outreach and Engagement Specialist provides mobile response engaging individuals experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Cape May County. Experience in the delivering of services to homeless and or at risk population preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and engages in community based outreach to identify and engage individuals experiencing homelessness, outreach includes street, woods, locations in which individuals experiencing homelessness may be gathering
- Completes assessments and intakes utilizing Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)to document information
- Works closely Cape May County Coordinated Entry to provide seamless referral for shelter and any available case management services
- Creates action plans for individuals engaged
- Provides site based assessment and case management activities to those who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness in Cape May County
- Facilitates referrals to Cape May County and community resources with an understanding of benefits and entitlements available to clients and assists clients in applying.
- Provides outreach to hospitals and other community agencies to complete intakes/provide information as needed
- Assists individuals with family reunification
- Participates in identifying available resources
Education/Experience -Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, Psychiatric Rehabilitation (can consider Criminal Justice for AHA or Jail Reentry). One year experience in provision of services to individuals experiencing homelessness, lived experience can be can be used in part for education requirement.
Schedule: Monday- Friday hours include 2 evenings a week and early morning hours.
JFS encourages and supports staff pursuing clinical licensing by providing FREE on-the-job Clinical Supervision Program to staff looking to obtain their LCSW license.
Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (JFS) is a multi-service agency. With more than 150 employees, our team is committed to helping people realize their fullest potential and achieve personal goals. Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties is committed to diversity in the workplace, reinforcing inclusion reflective of the multicultural communities we are committed to serving. The agency is dedicated to the advancement and upward mobility of our staff members. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to join our team, enriching our workforce and community.
JFS is dedicated to a flexible work-life balance for its team members by offering 16 Holidays, up to 4 weeks' vacation, and 3 weeks of sick time. We offer excellent benefits packages - including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, TelaDoc, 403(B) Retirement, and more. JFS looks forward to welcoming you to our offices based in Atlantic City, Margate, Egg Harbor Township, Mays Landing, and Cape May Courthouse, to begin an exciting, meaningful, and rewarding career.
Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com