Cape May, NJ - Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Outreach and Engagement Specialist provides mobile response engaging individuals experiencing or at risk of homelessness in Cape May County. Experience in the delivering of services to homeless and or at risk population preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and engages in community based outreach to identify and engage individuals experiencing homelessness, outreach includes street, woods, locations in which individuals experiencing homelessness may be gathering
- Completes assessments and intakes utilizing Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)to document information
- Works closely Cape May County Coordinated Entry to provide seamless referral for shelter and any available case management services
- Creates action plans for individuals engaged
- Provides site based assessment and case management activities to those who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness in Cape May County
- Facilitates referrals to Cape May County and community resources with an understanding of benefits and entitlements available to clients and assists clients in applying.
- Provides outreach to hospitals and other community agencies to complete intakes/provide information as needed
- Assists individuals with family reunification
- Participates in identifying available resources
Education/Experience -Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, Psychiatric Rehabilitation (can consider Criminal Justice for AHA or Jail Reentry). One year experience in provision of services to individuals experiencing homelessness, lived experience can be can be used in part for education requirement.
Schedule: Monday- Friday hours include 2 evenings a week and early morning hours.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org