Supervisor - Justice Involved Services
Supervision, coaching, and managing the Justice Involved Service team (Re-Entry services under contract with the Atlantic County Justice Facility, and the contracted MHJIS team). Understanding the welfare system, legal process and the ability to effectively communicate to deliver the highest quality of services for consumers is critical.
- Directs a multidisciplinary team of professionals located on the campus of the Atlantic County Justice Facility to provide discharge planning and linkages to substance abuse rehabilitation facilities and programs for inmates pending discharge.
- Provides direct supervision to Mental Health Justice Involved Service & Re-entry Program located at the Atlantic County Justice Facility, ensure compliance in the area of documentation, reporting per guidelines of the contract
- Coordinates services between Re-Entry Specialists and Wellness & Recovery Specialists under the JIS team.
- Ensures a high level of service delivery by the team to inmates, community members, family members, medical and mental health providers.
- Provides eligibility assessments, clinical assessments resulting in service/treatment plans, diagnoses utilizing the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Volume 5 (DSM-V), ongoing clinical interventions such as Illness Management Recovery (IMR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Positive Behavioral Supports, Motivational Interviewing, and crisis intervention. Delivers care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered
- Participates in the tracking of individuals who display a high rate of recidivism.
- Executes appropriate case finding/allocation to ensure contractual commitments are met/exceeded.
- Education - LSW or an LCSW with eligibility to become a provider for insurance carriers, including Medicare OR Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with New Jersey licensure (LCSW, LPC, PhD).
- Experience - 1 to 2 years of supervisor experience.