Social Service Liaison - Shalom House
The Social Service Liaison (SSL) coordinates resources and services in response to individual client needs; organizing activities and complex planning in a high pace environment. The SSL is an active participating member of an interdisciplinary team contributing to team goal setting. The SSL acts as a consultant to the clinical team, other agency staff members, and community partners. The SSL participates in program development and quality improvement initiatives and is committed to working with all consumers regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, cultural beliefs, lifestyle, and disease process or treatment plan.
The supervised delivery and coordination of services to consumers include:
- Individual, group and family intervention.
- Outreach case management and support.
- Referral and advocacy to essential services.
- Linkage to social, spiritual and other community resources as expressed by consumer’s goals/wishes.
- Provides support and linkage to various transportation options.
- Continual assessment and intervention of any mental health, physical or cognitive decline.
- Stationed on site (i.e. Margate Terrace, Shalom House) to assist residents in identifying and accessing resources and any paperwork assistance needed including but not limited to entitlements, insurance or housing recertification.
Education/Experience - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work or related field. Preferably at least one year of work in human services field working with older adults.
Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (JFS) is a multi-service agency. With more than 150 employees, our team is committed to helping people realize their fullest potential and achieve personal goals. Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties is committed to diversity in the workplace, reinforcing inclusion reflective of the multicultural communities we are committed to serving. The agency is dedicated to the advancement and upward mobility of our staff members. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to join our team, enriching our workforce and community.
JFS is dedicated to a flexible work-life balance for its team members by offering 16 Holidays, up to 4 weeks' vacation, and 3 weeks of sick time. We offer excellent benefits packages - including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, TelaDoc, 403(B) Retirement, and more. JFS looks forward to welcoming you to our offices based in Atlantic City, Margate, Egg Harbor Township, Mays Landing, and Cape May Courthouse, to begin an exciting, meaningful, and rewarding career.
Job Type: Full-time