Social Service Liaison
The Social Service Liaison (SSL) at JFS, coordinates resources and services in response to individual client needs; organizing activities and complex planning in a high pace environment. The SSL is an active participating member of an interdisciplinary team contributing to team goal setting. The SSL acts as a consultant to the clinical team, other agency staff members, and community partners.
- Stationed on-site (i.e. Margate Terrace, Shalom House) to assist residents in identifying and accessing resources and any paperwork assistance needed including but not limited to entitlements, insurance, or housing recertification.
- Continual assessment and intervention of any mental health, physical or cognitive decline.
- Facilitate any coordination needed with other providers and/or family members to/from hospital, rehab, or long-term care facilities.
- Develops wellness and social activities to support the needs of older adults including virtual, as needed.
- Refers to vetted service partners and community resources and develops relationships with outside organizations to enhance service delivery to consumers.
- Identifies collaborates with and helps develop consumers' network of support to best support them.
- Education - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work or related field.
- Experience – Preferably at least one year of work in the human services field working with older adults.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, community networks, and consumers.
- Position requires the ability to drive. When using an agency or own vehicle, an employee must have a Valid NJ driver’s license and proof of NJ Auto Insurance ($100,000-$300,000). Driving will be suspended without these two forms of proof filed in Human Resources (Personnel file), annually.