Outpatient Therapist (Bilingual Preferred)
As a therapist at JFS, you must possess a strong sense of empathy and compassion to help people feel comfortable. You will need to be a good listener and good communicator, listening to patients describe their opportunities and working with them to come up with plans, explaining progress to the patient, their family, and other doctors. You will be working with patients to develop ways to recover from physical or mental trauma through evidence-based practice (training provided). You will need to think outside the box to create specific plans for each person, according to their needs, comfort level, and limitations. You will require an understanding and comfortability around computer equipment for taking notes and assessing your clients.
• Working with adolescents and their families who are involved in the Juvenile Justice System.
• Cohort multi-group counseling of up to 6 teens per group.
• Conduct assessments of youth to determine their appropriateness for group placement.
• Provide monthly family therapy for all active group participants.
• Support and development of flexible and individualized program service.
• Facilitates linkages to a broad offering of essential services, including community social services, social services, and spiritual or other community resources.
• Provides skills development training.
• Develops and maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships.
• Prepares documentation of work utilizing agency information systems consistent with agency/program expectations regarding timeliness and content for billing purposes and compliance.
• Attends team, scheduled supervision sessions, in-service training workshops, and staff meetings according to agency and program schedules.
• Responsible for knowing and following agency policies and procedures.
• Abides by Agency/NASW Code of Ethics.
• Meets or exceeds assigned productivity standards.
Education / Experience:
• Master's Degree in Social Work or related Human Service required. Licensure in social work required for all MSW’s. Appropriate state licensure required will accept LSW, LAC, LAMFT.
• Culturally competent, able to meet the needs of youth from diverse backgrounds.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.