Outpatient Therapist - Resilient Youth
JFS is looking for an adolescent therapist to work with juveniles who are at risk for involvement in the juvenile justice system or who have demonstrated low-level delinquent behavior. Opportunities for working with justice-involved system partners. Training will be provided in evidence-based trauma treatment. Clinical supervision will be provided on a weekly basis.
- Working with at-risk adolescents and their families
- Cohort multi-group counseling of up to 6 teens per group
- Conduct assessments of youth to determine their appropriateness for group placement.
- Provide monthly family therapy for all active group participants
- Support the development of flexible and individualized program service plans.
- Facilitates linkages to a broad offering of essential services, including community social services, social services, and spiritual or other community resources.
- Provides skills development training.
- Develops and maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships.
- Prepares documentation of work utilizing agency information systems consistent with agency/program expectations regarding timeliness and content for billing purposes and compliance.
- Works a flexible schedule to accommodate needs of families
- Attends team, scheduled supervision sessions, in service training workshops and staff meetings according to agency and program schedules.
- Responsible for knowing and following agency policies and procedures.
- Abides by Agency/NASW Code of Ethics.
As a therapist at JFS, you must possess a strong sense of empathy and compassion to help people feel comfortable. You will need to be good listeners and good communicator, listening to clients describe their opportunities and working with them to come up with plans. You will be working with clients to develop ways to recover from emotional trauma through evidence-based practice (training provided). You will need to think outside the box to create specific plans for each person, according to their needs, comfort level and limitations. You will require an understanding and comfortability around computer equipment to assist a youth, for taking notes and assessing the client.
Education / Experience:
Master's Degree in Social Work or related Human Service required. Appropriate state licensure required, will accept LSW, LAC, LAMFT.
Culturally competent, able to meet the needs of youth from diverse backgrounds.
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Position requires the ability to drive. When using an agency or own vehicle, the employee must have a Valid NJ driver’s license and proof of NJ Auto Insurance ($100,000-$300,000). Driving will be suspended without these two forms of proof filed in Human Resources (Personnel file), annually.
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 5pm.
Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com