Nurse Educator Coordinator - CSS
Must possess current license to practice nursing in NJ with current CPR & First Aid certification.
Responsible for orientation for clinical staff about processes in regards to wellness education and providing wellness education to staff and consumers. Employ best practices and standards of practice to teach team members the safe delivery of high-quality care to consumer and families in accordance with agency policies and procedures, State & Federal regulations and accreditation standards.
Participate in the needs assessment, content development, deployment and evaluation of education and training activities that enhance the performance, professional development, and continuing competence of JFS staff and consumers. Participate in the development and execution of innovative education programs and other clinical specialty initiatives that advance the mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and assists in the development of flexible and individualized rehabilitation plans (IRP).
- Facilitates linkages to recommended/necessary medical providers.
- Provides or arranges client transportation per program guidelines and with supervisory consultation.
- Provides health specific education to consumers based on individual needs
- Provides consultation and training to staff when required
- Develops and maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships. Prepares documentation of work utilizing agency information systems consistent with agency/program expectations regarding timeliness and content for billing purposes and compliance.
- Demonstrated expertise in educational program development and presentation in accordance with the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the Scope and Standards of Nursing Professional Development
- Must possess current license to practice nursing in NJ with current CPR & First Aid certification.
- Two or more years of professional nursing with home care experience is preferred. Annual verification of appropriate credentials must be maintained.