As a Full-Time Lead Clinician at JFS, you must possess a strong sense of empathy and compassion to help people feel comfortable. You will need to be a good listener and good communicator.
You will be working with clients to develop ways to manage symptoms, cope with stressors and recover from trauma. You will need to think outside the box to create specific plans for each person, according to their needs, comfort level and limitations. You will require an understanding of computer equipment in order to complete client documentation.
Additionally, the Lead Clinician supervises a team of employees who provide in-home therapy to families who have an identified youth demonstrating disruptive behaviors in the home or another community environment.
· Master's Degree in Social Work or related Human Service required.
· LCSW or Licensed Psychologist.
· Highly organized in evaluating needs of clients.
- Supervision of the HEDS case management program.
- Complete initial evaluations with incoming clients who need priority consideration when an appropriate therapist is not available or that need further assessment to determine fitness of outpatient services versus referral to other mental health or substance abuse services.
- Provide referrals to outpatient therapists providing a broad spectrum of services at the agency to include depression, anxiety, trauma, and childhood mental health disorders or referrals to other community resources as appropriate.
- Acumen for Outpatient Services which include individual therapy for all ages, group therapy, family therapy, couples’ therapy, and psychiatry services.
- Prepares documentation of work utilizing agency information systems consistent with agency/program expectations regarding timeliness and content for billing purposes and compliance.
- Management of Functional Family Therapy (FFT) employees
- Coordination of FFT program with Acenda who holds the FFT contract.
- Provide group therapy as appropriate for individuals awaiting an individual therapist.
- Provide individual or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Development of flexible and individualized program service plans.
- Connection of client to social, spiritual and other community resources as expressed by client’s wishes and service plan.
- Develops and maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships.