Housing Specialist (DASH Program)
Housing Specialist will assist program clients with pre-tenancy supports. The pre-tenancy support services may include case management help with budgeting, learning expectations for tenancy and lease compliance, referrals to social and health services, employment assistance, and connections to mainstream benefits and entitlements. The Housing Specialist will also assist with linkages to other intervention supports to households experiencing a crisis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and development of flexible and individualized program service guides.
- Facilitates linkages to a broad offering of community social services.
- The supervised delivery and coordination of services to consumers include: Individual group and family intervention. Outreach case management and support.
- Referral, advocacy for linkage to essential services. Connection of consumer to social, spiritual, and other community resources as expressed by consumer’s wishes and service plan.
- Provides or arranges client transportation per program guidelines and with supervisory consultation.
- Develops and maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships. Prepares documentation of work utilizing agency information systems consistent with agency/program expectations regarding timeliness and content for billing purposes and compliance.
- Attends team, scheduled supervision sessions, in-service training workshops, and staff meetings according to agency and program schedules.
- Responsible for knowing and following agency policies and procedures.
- Abides by Agency/NASW Code of Ethics.
- Meets or exceeds assigned productivity standards.
- Provides pre-tenancy support services may include case management help with budgeting, learning expectations for tenancy and lease compliance, referrals to social and health services, employment assistance, and connections to mainstream benefits and entitlements.
- Education/Experience –Bachelors Degree in Social work or other Human Service-related field.
- Fleet- Position requires the ability to drive. When using an agency or own vehicle, the employee must have a Valid NJ driver’s license and proof of NJ Auto Insurance .
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $32.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Referral program
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Atlantic City, NJ 08401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person