Resource Navigator - Comprehensive Eviction Defense and Diversion
Resource Navigator will provide information about the availability of rental assistance at local, state, and federal levels, status of rental assistance applications, the process for filing for eviction protections, benefits available at the federal, local, and state levels, linkages to legal services and other resources to assist in diverting evictions.
Resource Navigator will also assist with linkages to other intervention supports for households experiencing a crisis. The Resource Navigator will also be a part of the Atlantic Homeless Alliance team, and work closely with the Atlantic Cape Vicinage, and legal services providers.
- Completes intakes and quickly develops an action plan to divert potential eviction.
- Provides site-based case management to those facing eviction in Atlantic County and/or Cape May Counties.
- Facilitates referrals to community resources with an understanding of benefits/entitlements, along with federal, state, and local rental assistance available to clients. Resource Navigator will also assist clients with applying.
- Coordination and strengthening of already existing partnerships with legal service providers and Landlord Tenant Court.
- Completes applications, reporting, and linkages to existing prevention funding at the Supervisor’s direction and in coordination with the Finance department.
- Education/Experience –Bachelors Degree in Social work or other Human Service-related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
JFS encourages and supports staff pursuing clinical licensing by providing FREE on-the-job Clinical Supervision Program to staff looking to obtain their LCSW license.
Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (JFS) is a multi-service agency. With more than 150 employees, our team is committed to helping people realize their fullest potential and achieve personal goals. Jewish Family Service of Atlantic & Cape May Counties is committed to diversity in the workplace, reinforcing inclusion reflective of the multicultural communities we are committed to serving. The agency is dedicated to the advancement and upward mobility of our staff members. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to join our team, enriching our workforce and community.
JFS is dedicated to a flexible work-life balance for its team members by offering 16 Holidays, up to 4 weeks' vacation, and 3 weeks of sick time. We offer excellent benefits packages - including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, TelaDoc, 403(B) Retirement, and more. JFS looks forward to welcoming you to our offices based in Atlantic City, Margate, Egg Harbor Township, Mays Landing, and Cape May Courthouse, to begin an exciting, meaningful, and rewarding career.
Please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com