Case Manager - Home Electronic Detention System (HEDS)
A case manager in the Home Electronic Detention System (HEDS) program has a strong sense of empathy and compassion for youth involved with the juvenile justice system. As the case manager, you will meet with youth and their families multiple times per week to offer support, education, and linkage to resources to increase the likelihood of success in completing the HEDS program. You will need to be a good listener and good communicator. In response to individual client / family needs you will work with the youth and their parents/guardians to develop ways to manage behavioral, emotional, relationship and legal challenges. Providers are committed to working with all individuals regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, cultural beliefs, lifestyle, and disease process or treatment plan.
- Participate in community meetings to facilitate appropriate referrals to the program
- Complete intakes with new referrals and their families to include a risk assessment
- Support youth in the juvenile justice system who have been released on the HEDS program - carrying a caseload of up to 6 high risk youth
- Provide case management services that include linkage and referrals to appropriate agencies for community based services
- Provide family empowerment groups to support the youth’s families
- Provides on-call to the youth and families in the program
- Maintain required agency documentation, including an individualized goal plan for the youth
- Participate on the agency’s cultural diversity committee
- Collaboration with the courts and probation which may include providing reports or advocacy on behalf of the youth
Education/Experience- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field. Two years of experience in the mental health field preferred. Flexibility to work evenings. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org