GED Teacher - Justice Involved Services
Your core competencies in soft skills include: communication, problem solving, initiative, and negotiation. You possess the highest levels of accuracy, initiative in solving problems and organization, tact, and professionalism. Your specific job tasks include instructing adult JIS clients who are pursuing a GED.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help adult learners prepare for the GED exam.
- Cover core subjects through lesson plans and classroom teaching. Participate in curriculum development
- Assist with information and referral for GED exam.
- Develop necessary learning support system.
- Provide educational environment with a variety of instructional methods that is conducive to learner growth.
- Liaison between agency and client.
- Establish a safe working environment for team members based on company policies.
- Basic computer and telephone literacy.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Abide by Agency/NASW Code of Ethics.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching certificate required.
- Working Conditions: Flexibility as far as schedule is concerned (Work is primarily M-F 8-4. If preferred, weekend hours may be possible). Work is performed at the Atlantic County Justice Facility.
- Experience : Work or volunteer experience in basic skills education, preferably with a similar population
Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com