Employment Specialist - Justice Involved Services
Core competencies in soft skills include: communication, problem solving, initiative and negotiation. You possess the highest levels of accuracy, initiative (in solving problems and organization), tact and professionalism. Your specific job tasks include supporting clients that have recently been released from the Atlantic County Justice Facility in locating and applying for jobs, preparing for application and interview process, learning job tasks and meeting employer expectations. You will meet with inmates prior to release to begin the steps necessary for employment search (resume building, interview question prep, to name a few). Education and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in mental health, social services or business is required.
• Ability to maintain work flow in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to build rapport with hard to engage clients
• Work one on one with inmates in ACJF and upon release
• Liaison between agency and client.
• Communicate with clients to understand their vocational goals
• Coach clients in effective job search techniques
• Guide clients in learning job tasks
• Develop necessary job supports
• Maintain regular, professional communication with Clients, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Service Counselors, Employers, and Client’s supports (if appropriate).
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree (in mental health, social services, or business)
Working Conditions: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm; your home base is located at the Atlantic County Justice Facility in Mays Landing. You will be working in the field and remotely at times.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org