Director Healthy Community Initiatives
Responsible for directing the activities of staff who are providing support to the community through its wellness and education, nutrition services, volunteer services, and older adult services. Manages employees including Rothenberg Center for Family Life Supervisor, Volunteer Services Supervisor, Membership Specialist, Care Coordinators, and Social Service Liaisons. Ensures the achievement of all business goals and objectives, including productivity standards and contract standards. Manages projects from the requirements gathering/needs identification phase through to completion.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of program products, services, or ideologies.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects, such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of status on each project.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, and training department staff.
- Evaluates staff performance and assists with developing goals and objectives for staff.
Engages in community outreach to promote the use of educational workshops, wellness programs, nutritional services, volunteer support services and older adult programming to professionals and members of the community. Oversees the development and application of grants related to support for older adults and other members of the community around various needs, including food insecurity. Coordinates the utilization of educational workshops, volunteer support, and social work support in the older adult population as well as the greater community.
- Education - Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with New Jersey licensure (LSW, LAC, LCSW, LPC, PhD). Exceptions can be made based on experience.
- Experience - Minimum 8 years of leadership and related supervisory experience.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org