Co-Responder - Atlantic City Community Team (DOJ)
Summary: This position will join the Atlantic City Community Team as an integral team player as a Co-Responder alongside Atlantic City Police Department.
Key responsibilities will include direct involvement with the Atlantic City Police Department and daily outreach to consumers in the community who are homeless and have a history of legal involvement. This highly visible role will also include a small caseload that will require intensive case management for individuals recently released from jail and/or prison and assist with diversions from the risk of recidivism.
- Ability to interact and engage with consumers who are homeless as well as display an understanding of individuals who suffer from mental illness and who have had some type of legal involvement
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have a working knowledge of community resources and the criminal justice system as this position requires weekly attendance at court hearings
- Must possess the ability to identify target areas of the homeless population in Atlantic County
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, or other related Human Services fields. One year of residential MH setting is required for case managers with Bachelor’s Degree.
- The position requires the ability to drive and must possess a valid NJ Driver’s license.
- This full-time position requires flexibility. The current schedule is Monday through Friday, however, the role will require evenings and possibly some weekends.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org