Case Manager - Mental Health Justice Involved Services
Case Worker will join the Mental Health Justice Involved Services program as an integral team player in the role of a Wellness & Recovery Specialist. Key responsibilities will include intensive case management to individuals recently released from jail and/or prison, or engaged in the local community, and to assist with diversions from risk of recidivism. The Wellness and Recovery Specialist will manage a caseload of consumers and work to provide linkages to community providers that include mental health providers, legal support, medical providers, substance abuse providers and to address homelessness. This position will also involve communication and collaboration with local law enforcement and the Municipal and Superior court systems in Atlantic County under the program Supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and development of flexible and individualized program service guides.
- Facilitates linkages to a broad offering community social services.
- The supervised delivery and coordination of services to consumers include:
- Individual group and family intervention.
- Outreach case management and support.
- Referral, advocacy for linkage to essential services.
- Connection of consumer to social, spiritual and other community resources as expressed by consumer’s wishes and service plan.
- Provides or arranges client transportation per program guidelines and with supervisory consultation.
- Provides skills development training.
- Organizes and supports recreational and/or socialization activities.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service & one year of experience in a Mental Health setting. Knowledge of Atlantic County community resources and understanding of the criminal justice system is an essential part of this position.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org