Case Manager Co-Responder Program - Mental Health Justice Involved Services
Case Manager will join the Mental Health Justice Involved Services program as an integral team player in the role of a Jail Diversion Outreach Specialist.
Co Responder Program:
- Intensive communication and daily partnering with ACPD NCO’s to engage high risk individuals
- This position will also involve intensive communication and collaboration with local Municipal and Superior court systems in Atlantic County.
- Monitor outcomes of the program.
Key responsibilities will include direct involvement with the Atlantic City Police Department and daily outreach to consumers in the community who are homeless and have a history of legal involvement. This highly visible role will also include a small caseload that will require intensive case management to individuals recently released from jail and/or prison and to assist with diversions from risk of recidivism. The Case Manager will monitor eligible consumers in the community to engage for services. Supervised delivery and coordination of clinical services to consumers include:
- Individual group and family intervention.
- Community outreach and crisis interventions
- Referral, advocacy for linkage to essential services.
- Linkage of consumer to social, spiritual and other community resources as expressed by consumer’s wishes and established service plan goals.
- Provides and/or arranges client transportation per program guidelines and with supervisory consultation.
- Provides eligibility assessments, clinical assessments resulting in service/treatment plans, diagnoses utilizing the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Volume 5 (DSM-V), Positive Behavioral Supports, Motivational Interviewing, and crisis intervention. Delivers care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered.
- Provides skills development training.
- Organizes and supports recreational and/or socialization activities.
ACPD Clearance- Position requires that the candidate is able to pass the background check of the Atlantic City Police Department.
Bachelor's in Social Work, Psychology. Master's in Social Work or Counseling. LSW or LAC accepted but not mandatory. One year of experience in a Mental Health setting for case managers with a Bachelor's Degree. Flexibility as far as schedule is concerned (Day, Evening, Full- and Part-Time, Per Diem).
Position requires ability to drive. When using agency or own vehicle, employee must have a Valid NJ driver’s license and proof of NJ Auto Insurance ($100,000-$300,000). Driving will be suspended without these two forms of proof filed in Human Resources (Personnel file), annually.