The Bookkeeper provides support to the grant and accounting functions and is the backup for the Coordinator of Finance. Duties include bank reconciliations, budget work, preparing monthly financial reports, providing backup to payroll, accounts payable, and representative payee. Assists with filing and other general duties of the department.
- Works in the financial and accounting systems.
- Provide monthly actual vs. budget variance reports for revenue and expense accounts for all programs
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries, including payroll accruals
- Assists with the month-end closing process
- Perform bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Maintain monthly work papers for balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain fixed asset system
- Assist with year-end functions as needed.
- Maintains the agency budget on the accounting system.
- Assists with State contract packages, including budgets and expenditure reports
- Participates in grants committee
- Coordinate with grants contractor, including dropbox, and reconcile with grants master.
- Maintain grant documents and master spreadsheet
- Assists in grant preparation
- Prepare and submit grant reports and billing as directed.
Skills and Qualifications include Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Quickbooks, Outlook, Excel, and Data Base Systems. Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, and Data Entry Management.
- Education – High School diploma
- Experience - Minimum 5 years of bookkeeping experience; a plus in social services, non-profit or related industry.
Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com