Re-Entry Outreach Specialist
This professional role has direct involvement with daily outreach to consumers who are incarcerated at the Atlantic County Justice Facility as well as in the community who are homeless and have a history of legal involvement and mental illness. The role also includes a small caseload that will require intensive case management to individuals recently released from jail and/or prison and to assist with diversions from risk of recidivism. The Jail Diversion / Re-Entry Specialist will monitor potential eligible inmates who are currently incarcerated as well as consumers who may have been discharged into the community to engage for services. Knowledge of Atlantic County community resources and understanding of the criminal justice system is an essential part of this position.
Re-Entry Outreach Specialist Requirements:
- Education: Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service (Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, MSW).
- Experience: Two years post-Bachelor’s work experience in mental health field required.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have working knowledge of community resources and criminal justice system as this position requires weekly attendance at court hearings.
- Intensive communication with local law enforcement and community providers that include mental health providers, medical providers and substance abuse providers.
- Facilitation of a weekly Community Post-Incarcerated Support Group as well as facilitation of a wellness group within the Atlantic County Justice Facility.
- Ability to administer trauma assessments of inmates in the Atlantic County Justice Facility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Successful applicants will have the ability to effectively and consistently work as part of a team and should be well organized, possess excellent clinical, verbal and written communication skills, and be computer literate.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org