MHJIS PROGRAM - WELLNESS & RECOVERY SPECIALIST
Case Worker will join the Mental Health Justice Involved Services program as an integral team player in the role of a Wellness & Recovery Specialist. Key responsibilities will include intensive case management to individuals recently released from jail and/or prison and to assist with diversions from risk of recidivism. The Wellness and Recovery Specialist will manage a caseload of consumers and work to provide linkages to community providers that include mental health providers, medical providers, substance abuse providers and address homelessness. This position will also involve communication and collaboration with local law enforcement and the Municipal and Superior court systems in Atlantic County under the program Associate Director.
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service. This professional role will coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered. Handling case assignments, draft service plans, monitor effective services delivery and case progress as well as transition consumer to completion of services. Helping clients achieve wellness and autonomy. Meets or exceeds productivity standards. Knowledge of Atlantic County community resources and understanding of the criminal justice system is an essential part of this position.
- Ability to interact and engage a broad range of consumers as well as display an understanding of individuals who suffer from mental illness who have had some type of legal involvement
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have working knowledge of community resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively document all work in Avatar system
- Ability to use effectively use technology and electronic devices that include photocopier, laptop, cell phone.
- Education/Experience – MHJIS Program
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service (Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, MSW). Masters in Social Work or Counseling with LSW or LAC. Two years post-Bachelor’s work experience in mental health field required.
- Education/Experience - MHJIS Program
Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, Psychiatric Rehabilitation (can consider Criminal Justice for Jail Reentry). Masters in Social Work or Counseling with LSW or LAC. One year of residential MH setting required for case managers with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fleet- Position requires ability to drive and must possess valid NJ Driver’s license. When using agency or own vehicle, employee must have a Valid NJ driver’s license and proof of NJ Auto Insurance ($100,000-$300,000). Driving will be suspended without these two forms of proof filed in Human Resources (Personnel file), annually.
- Working Conditions – This full time position requires flexibility. Current schedule is Monday through Friday, however the role may require some evenings and weekends. Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com