Case Manager – Jail Diversion Outreach Specialist, MHJIS (Full Time)
Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work (We cannot accept a Criminal Justice Degree)- One year of residential MH setting required for case managers with Bachelor’s Degree.
Ability to engage with homeless population, who suffer from mental illness and who have had some type of legal involvement.
- Support and development of flexible and individualized program service guides.
- Facilitates linkages to a broad offering community social services.
- The supervised delivery and coordination of services to consumers include:
- Individual group and family intervention.
- Outreach case management and support.
- Referral, advocacy for linkage to essential services.
- Connection of consumer to social, spiritual and other community resources as expressed by consumer’s wishes and service plan. * Develops/Maintains consistent positive collateral and community relationships.
- Working knowledge of community resources and criminal justice system as this position requires weekly attendance at court hearings
- Ability to identify target areas of homeless population in Atlantic County.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Avatar system, a plus.
Please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org