What’s Jewish About JFS?
- We’re a member agency of the Association of Jewish Family and Children’s Agencies connecting us to a network of 145 JFS’ throughout North America.
- We have a home-delivered Kosher meals program that is subsidized for those who cannot afford to pay.
- Both our Jewish and non-Jewish staff are sensitive to Jewish ethnic and religious issues.
- Kulam B’Yachad (Everyone Together): In the spirit of bikur cholim (visiting the sick), the program partners with local synagogues to identify and train volunteers from the broader Jewish community to reduce social isolation through personal visitation and assistance to participants and their families.
- Jewish Hospice Connections offers Jewish spiritual support in collaboration with the local hospice programs.
- We collaborate with other Jewish service providers such as Seashore Gardens, Shalom House, the JCC, and Beron JOAS.
- We coordinate Passover and other Jewish holiday assistance programs including holiday baskets.
- We provide burial assistance to indigent Jewish families.
- We provide help to Jewish people in need of counseling by offering reduced fees to those who are eligible.
- We offer social and supportive programs for Holocaust Survivors including home care services where needed.
- We provide information and referral for clients in need of Jewish sponsored residential treatment programs.
- Our staff provides consulting services to the JCC Pre-School.
- We provide specialized Jewish holiday programming.
- In keeping with Jewish values and the spirit of tikkun olam (healing the world) we are committed to providing services to the entire community regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity.
Now that’s what’s Jewish About JFS!